Friday, January 6, 2012

First Post!

Welcome to my blog!  I decided to keep one while away in Bonaire in order for my friends and family to follow my adventures.  I am not sure how often I will have internet access while abroad, but I do hope to update things on a semi-regular basis.  Ya never know with those tropical islands...
With just two short weeks until my departure to Bonaire, there are still a bunch of things I still need to do to prepare.  My mom's been worried that I'm saving everything until the last minute, but I reassure her that I have everything under control.  Ha.  But really.  I've been spending time with close friends and family, applying to summer internships, completing necessary paperwork so I can, in fact, leave the country, and attempting to relax on the couch with my doggie.  Needless to say my cold tolerance this winter has gone WAY down ever since I started packing my bathing suits and shorts.  I look forward to the 80 degree sunny weather Bonaire promises.  Aaaahhhhh paradise awaits!  But don't let this fool you, I'm pretty sure my abroad program is going to be intense.  The syllabus calls for fish and coral identification quizzes the first week and Advanced SCUBA Diver certification by week three.  I'll be kept busy, don't you worry! 

If anyone's particularly interested, here's the website to the CIEE Research Station on Bonaire, where I will be staying: http://www.cieebonaire.org/

Alas, this is enough for now.  I'll update y'all once I'm settled in the Caribbean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment